Thursday, September 29, 2011

First Bootcamp Letter (9/26/11)

Learning the chain of command is a bitch but I have a few down and no one taught me and the other 7 who arrived on the same day have been learning by observation...yay. As it stands graduation is on Nov 18 but don't make any arrangement yet, never know what can change in a few weeks. T_T

Boot will only get harder our Chief says, but I think we're pulling together. Our commaders, Chief and our 1st and 2nd Petty Officers are clearly impressed and proud of us. On the flip side that means they expect more from us.

As hard as boot is, I find it's actually fun, just don't... don't... DON'T fall asleep >.< not that I have.

My address is:
SR CORSAIR, ELENA
SHIP 02 DIV 901
RECRUIT TRAINING COMMAND
3600 OHIO STREET
GREAT LAKES, IL 60088-7105

So for those who remember 'lil' old me, write me something!! or I will hunt you down and you'll be staring down the barrel of my shotgun...Bwahahaha

So yeah, was a bit of a shell shock and mornings are probably the hardest. It's not easy to fix your bed to Recruit Division Commander (RDC) specific instruction when I've never been instructed and without glasses. I could have sworn I dreamed about friends last night but abrupt revalee makes me quickly forget. I was kind of down at one point but I remembered Bittner, Stephan's encouraging words and felt better. Overall, it's hard but fun and I'm starting to connect with people. Can't smile or laugh, military barring almost makes you forget yourself. Thanks to this letter I feel myself returning. There's a time and place for everything. Morale is rising and there is talking, laughing and smiling again... when we sneak it in.

Well, I'm going to go take my 1st long shower now.

Seaman Recruit Corsair over and out.

Love you all

Write Me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment